Heyy ￼you guyssss, welcome back to my blog, if you’re new here please subscribe, like and make comments here and on the previous posts.
The very first post I made this year was finding joy in the little things. If you haven’t read it, please click on this link to read it The joy in the little things.
6 months into 2020 and a lot has happened, from the pandemic, the series of rape and sexual assaults, police brutality, to the protest on Black lives matter.
It is honestly overwhelming and exhausting.
Most times I’m just there, cause I’m not even sure of what to do.
I know there are better days and years ahead, I just want us to start experiencing them.
If you’re with me and you’re feeling overwhelmed too, just hold on, it is going to be fine. Remember it’s okay not to feel okay.
Take a break from socials if need be and just take care of your mental health.
Find joy in the little things, this lockdown period has made me appreciate the little things a lot more.
I saw this caption on Instagram and I loved it.
I’m grateful for the little things, the big things and everything in between
I’m grateful for you 💛
I’m doing my first-time tag.
First time tag is a tag where you answer a series of questions about the first time you did something.
When last did you do something for the first time?
So I checked google for a couple of first questions tag, I picked up 30 questions that I will answer.
1. My first day at school – I don’t have a memory of my very first day of school but I’m sure I wanted to go back homeI have never been a fan of school
2. The first book I remember reading – Growing up, I read a lot of Ube reader boosters, the very first book I remember reading is Sugar girl by Kola Onadipe. Raila the sugar girl 🤩I think it was part of the books for school.
3. My first fear – I was afraid of the police I don’t know why but I was so scared of them if I was in the car and saw a police officer, I’d want to disappear it was really bad and Father Christmas too, they were scary looking 😂😂4. My first Christmas – It was a Christmas party in a church and I was terrified of the Santa Claus (Father Christmas) I remember I kept running away, I wasn’t even interested in the gifts 😂😂5. My first Ileya – I grew up in a Muslim family I had others but as far as my memory can remember my first Ileya was in 2005, I was 6 going on 7 I remember excited to dress up and food I was going to eat later😂
6. The first movie I remember watching – Lion king is a cartoon, I was obsessed with it.
7. My first cooking experience – It was so funny it was white rice, I was about 7, no it wasn’t salty and no I didn’t burn it, I was just right 🤤 In my head, I was a chef. 🤣
8. My first favourite drink -It was fayrouz. I loved it so much, I still really do
9. My first best friend – Her name is Oreoluwa Rogers, we were so close, we did everything together and got into a lot of trouble together. We are still very good friends
10. My first phone – It was a Nokia phone, it wasn’t a 3310 but it was just one random Nokia that my grandpa gave me and it had really nice games, that was the only reason I was interested in the phone
12. My first phone number – I got it when I was entering secondary school and it’s still the same number I’m using till date
13. My very first time on a plane was in 2010, it was a scary and awesome experience
14. The first country I ever Visited – Dubai, April 2010
15. First time eating Pizza – It was 2011 I can’t remember the month but it was so cute so see, it was a family dinner, at a Lebanese restaurant 🤩
16. My first time in the cinema and the first movie I watched – My first time in the cinema was in December 2011 and the movie I watched was tangled
17. First Crush – My first crush, we were both in Jss2, I don’t remember much about him he was in my school for a term then he left, I remember his name being Ayo and his birthday October 10 I have tried looking for him but nothing yet.
If you see/know him, please tell him I said hello😂✨
18. My first pet – I had my first pet in 2011 wasn’t my personal pet it was for the house, that still counts I guess, her name was Barbie. ￼
19. First social media app I joined – It was in 2012 and it was WhatsApp￼
20. First Kiss – I can’t remember what year but it was a mess 😂 the movies and books lied maybe my expectations were just high 💀
21. First time I drove a car – Haq Haq Haq! It was an epic fail, I was so scared but hopefully, before this year ends I should learn.
22. First time I had makeup on – It was for my valedictory service and it was such a big deal 😂❤️
23. First time I had my nails done – That was in 2016 for my matriculation, the colour was black, 4 years later and I have used almost all colours of this world.
24. My First boyfriend – I had my first boyfriend when I was 17, I was in 200 level, his name was Daniel, it ended in premium tears but it was good while it lasted 😂😂
25. First piercing I got and where – The first piercing I had was in 2017 and it was the Helix
26. The first blog I read- Lol I actually can’t remember, I remember reading this blog https://meetthewallflower.wordpress.com loving the content and wanting to start my own blog too. You should check it out 🤩
27. My First blog post – Here goes nothing 👏🏾
28. First time I travelled alone – The first time I travelled all by myself was last year, it was to my orientation camp in Kaduna, it’s a story for another day but we thank God for life 😂￼
29. My first paying job – Lol if serving my country and getting paid counts then that’s it 😂❤️ it’s a teaching job. It’s definitely a story for another day.
30. First date – I went out with my friend to watch a movie, I can’t remember what movie it was, it was late 2013, I was distracted throughout not sure I even watched. I enjoyed the company though✨
I am yet to have my first proper date, makeup, dress up, food and all, really looking forward to that. And maybe that will start the next half of my first everything.
Thank you for reading