Happy holidays, I pray it’ll be fun-filled and blissful.
I’m writing on underrated blessings, the blessings that are in our everyday life but we often take for granted or just don’t pay as much attention to.
Early July I was sad and down when I was trying to find the energy to distract myself just to feel better, I got a phone call that my Uncle had died and that just ruined everything for me.
I cried so much I had to stop not to cause problems for myself, the one thing that hurt me the most was seeing my family members in pain and feeling so helpless.
What do you do when you don’t even know what to do?
I saw a post on Twitter and it said;
”Try to enjoy life, problems no dey finish.”
One mistake I always make is linking my happiness to a certain person, thing, or a period; ”When I’m with this person, when this comes, when this happens.”
You can’t have everything you want all together at once, just take the moments as they come and make the best out of them.
– Eyi baby.
The Underrated Blessings;
1. Being alive – Breathing and the air we breathe, I know most of us are tired especially with all that has been happening but when there’s life there’s hope and I promise you, things get better.
2. Music – If love makes the world go around then music should come 2nd, good times, happy times, sad times, heartbreak…
Music is always there. It changes your mood.
In Africa especially in Nigeria, Yoruba people to be specific, their parties (owanbe ) are always lit, the music, the live band, it’s something to live for, you don’t get enough of that.
3. Safety – leaving your home and returning safely is just a blessing that is often overlooked by people.
4. Long phone call conversation/ Text. – It could be deep talks or just random talks either ways it’s one of the things that I’m so grateful for, with family members and loved ones in various parts of the world, I’m thankful that it’s just a call or text away and you can talk for long hours.
5. Headphones – Imagine travelling on a long road trip and not having headphones, let’s not even imagine it cause that will be a complete mess, grateful for headphones cause they have come through so many times.
6. Pictures -If there’s one thing I love doing it is taking pictures of people and with people, you don’t know how important pictures are until you’ve lost someone and all you’ve left is their pictures.
I plan on getting a camera and going into photography professionally and taking pictures of as many amazing people and things I come across.
7. Miracles – ”A miracle is an event not explicable by natural or scientific laws. Such an event may be attributed to a supernatural being (especially a deity), magic, a miracle worker, a saint, or a religious leader.”
I love miracles, all those blessings that you can’t explain.
Miracles happen every day and I pray a miracle happens to you soon and often too.
8. Reading Books – Growing up, I was so obsessed with books, maybe I still am but not as much as I used to be.
I have a list of books that I want to buy. Reading opens your mind to different kinds of imaginations.
9. Friends – ”A friendship is its own love story.”
This is a huge blessing that I don’t take for granted, having genuine friends just makes everything better.
They add more colour to life.
10. Family and Siblings – I grew up with just me and my mom until I was 11, I was always jealous of people that had big families/ full house.
I have that now and I’m so grateful. ❤️
11. Eating out – You get to dress up, you don’t have to stress about cooking or cleaning up, you can always try something new on the menu.
What’s better than good food especially when it’s coupled with great conversation from loved ones.
There are so many more underrated blessings but I will stop at 11.
Don’t forget to find joy in the little things.
This is my last blog post for the year. 🥂
So grateful for you, the comments and the feedbacks have been so encouraging.
Thank you so much. 💛
My first full year as a blogger and I had so much fun with it.
I pray it will only get better.
Merry Christmas 🎄 have an awesome one And A Prosperous New Year!
Be good and stay safe too.
Thank you for always,